Skip to main content

No Good Place To Do Mutra Visarjan In This Country...

At least, that's what Chatur Ramalingam seems to think. However, many of our fellow Indians seem to disagree with him. According to them, there are nothing BUT places to do mutra visarjan (for all you poor, masochistic folks - ah, I mean, non-movie-going folks - out there, mutra visarjan means urine expulsion). In case you haven't guessed already, we're going to be talking about one of India's most widely criticized and even more widely practiced issues - public urination.

I'm not exactly saying that it's our people's fault - I mean, come on, we have so much urine-related cultural history! Just in the past 50 years, we've had people who've used their urine for everything from watering plants to drinking it (I believe that some people also flush it down their toilets. How wasteful of them). Besides all the historical precedents, however, we also have some more practical reasons for peeing wherever and whenever we feel like.

If you've ever seen a construction site in India, you've also probably seen one of the workers taking a leak by the side of the road near the site. It's not really their fault - where else can they pee? It's not like they have toilets or something. Personally, I think that's quite sad. If we can afford to have a house built, we can afford to give the poor chaps building the house a toilet, can't we? Or at least a place more private than the side of the road?

That's not what really amazes me, though. What's incredible to me is that I have seen well-dressed, early morning walkers peeing into the drain outside our house. These are not, do note, people who work for 12 hours a day constantly in an area without a toilet. These are people who, in all likelihood, have lovely, clean (also apparently underutilized) toilets at home.

You know what we ought to do? Every time we see one of these guys peeing at the side of the road, we ought to walk up to them and ask if they've had some manner of bladder surgery that's made it impossible for them to resist the urge to urinate. Or better yet - and this is something I really want to try - we ought to put up signs of Durga or some other equally horrifying-looking, axe-wielding deity and the words "You pee, I chop" up on our outside walls, because no one ever pees on pictures of deities, now do they?

I really wanted to leave you guys with some deep, thoughtful quote or poem about urination, 
but it turns out all the old dead guys didn't write about it very much, so you'll have to make do with this.
~Me                                                                                              

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. here is such a great amount in this article I would never have considered all alone.I decided to add your blog to my bookmarks so I can return to it at a later date.
    autoketing app, recent sales notification popup, pop sales

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks for the great information you have provided! Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
    facebook live chat help, facebook chat bot, autoketing app

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just astonished to see just how good of an article this is. I’ll apt to be again to study much more, thank you that information.
    Games of gogy motox3m3 unblocked abcya3 for school

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for Sharing your valuable Information. I really like this post.

    ReplyDelete

  6. food games free
    basketball games 2019
    soccer games play
    Your articles are very useful. This was a wonderful site and I really enjoy it the data you shared.

    ReplyDelete

  7. play Anna Frozen Wedding Prep games
    Ultimate Swish games free
    Overhead Kick Champion free 2019
    I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2player games for kids
    play free friv Games
    io jogos net
    This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just did a dramatic reading of this blog post and it was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Game

I've a bit of a confession to make: I still play Minecraft off and on (I can hear all the hardcore gamers laughing from here). I even quite enjoy playing it. For those of you who don't know, Minecraft is a game about placing blocks to build structures in an infinite, 3D world. Basically, it's a discount LEGO set for computer-literate people. Much like legos, if you play it after you turn twelve, people assume that you're mentally incapable of dealing with anything more complex. I hate the idea that you become to old to play a certain video game. Unless something involves physical activity that'd be impossible to perform once you cross a certain age, I don't see why it should be age-restricted. I'm seventeen years old, and if I want to spend a night binge-watching Tom and Jerry and consuming obscene quantities of potato chips, that's my god-given right! I think people tend to assume that Minecraft is a simple game. Once you've built a squattish,

Exam Fever

As anyone currently in the twelfth will tell you, with varying levels of dismay, the final exams are right around the corner. Parents everywhere are seizing their children's phones and taking time off from work. Panicked screaming ensues at intervals. I don't believe there's a person on the planet who genuinely enjoys exam season. Actually, I take that back - there's no one in India  who enjoys exam season. Partially, I think this is our own fault. Exams are the most important things in an Indian student's life, so parents seem bent on bottling up all the worry and concern they have about their kid's education and allowing it to spew forth in a torrent of "No more video games!" and "Delete WhatsApp!" commands during the two months surrounding the exams. Small wonder, then, that at 17, I believe the purpose of exams is to seasonally blot the sunshine from otherwise happy lives. This whole exam fever thing does have some upsides. Okay,